Jonas V. Schürmann
You’re (hopefully) reading this, because you’re looking for someone to help you build a strong & stable (definitely better than Brexit) brand.
Let me tell you, dear traveller, you’ve come to the right place.
My name is Jonas and I’m an award-winning Toastmaster & public speaker, managed and built communities for AAA games giant EA & tech superstar Google as well as other awesome companies.
You’re in eSports and your players don’t know how to react properly online/offline or live on camera in an interview situation? Don’t worry, I’ll fix it by coaching them!
All that social media stuff you need to keep updated on a daily basis, understanding algorithms and making sure your org/company/game & players have a proper presence?
I’ve got you covered at all times. (I exist in multiple time zones, sleep is for…not me.)
Helping you set-up a Twitch presence and getting you in touch with stream-teams and other Twitch professionals? Been there, done that.
And finally, you’re looking for someone with tons of contacts in the games industry, always having the right person, company or influencer at hand to make things happen? Well, let’s just say that I’m more than well-connected. 😉
If all of that isn’t enough for you yet, then how about you send me a message and we get talking, so that you can figure out yourself what an awesome (some say even more fabulous than a unicorn eating a fruitcake) dude I am and what I can do to help you!
July 2017 – July 2018
UK Marketing & Community Manager
At GIGABYTE, I am the UK & Ireland Marketing & Community Manager, responsible for…
- all social media activities on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & Twitch
- all marketing and influencer activities with YouTube content creators & Twitch streamers
- all event related activities and co-ops with publishers, marketplace like Steam and more
- overseeing branding activities and making sure we’re always “on brand”
Until our re-org in January 2018, I also managed all PR & channel marketing with etailers and hardware reviewers/media.
July 2017 – Present
Valgard Media Ltd.
Valgard Media Ltd. are a UK-based marketing & community management agency specialised in the video games industry.
Our clients are based globally and usually want to strengthen their position in the UK & Nordics market, seeking our expertise advice and counsel on how to manage their social media, events, communities and PR activities.
November 2016 – July 2017
Community Manager – German
- Manage a product community visited by millions of users a month.
- Implement strategies to make sure that users receive a prompt response.
- Foster and build on relationships with community power users and influencers.
- Develop insights from the community to drive issue resolution and user engagement.
- Drive the strategy and execution of community management initiatives across multiple platforms.
December 2015 – October 2016
Electronic Arts (EA)
Community Coordinator – German / English
Responsible for every EA title on the German Answer HQ community boards such as:
- Mass Effect series
- Star Wars Battlefront
- EA Sports FIFA
- Origin & EA Access
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Furthermore I also engaged myself as a member of…
- …EA Gaming
- responsible for all Marketing activities of #FridayNightBattlefield, including Social Media Management and Content Management (Tweets for @Battlefield that mention #FridayNightBattlefield)
- …EA Galway’s University Relations Committee
- planning, speaking and attending conventions & university events
- giving social media advice for EA Galway channels and opportunities
- …EA Galway’s Quality of Life (QoL)
- point of contact for the QoL team in the Social & Community department
- …EA Galway’s LGBT Committee
- Treasurer for the committee and involved in the planning of EA Ireland’s participation in Irish Pride festivities
And it doesn’t end with that since my responsibilities also included…
- analyzing the needs of the community and keeping the community in a healthy and engaged state through multiple Old-School and Next-Gen community management techniques
- managing escalations from the AHQ towards the teams, studios etc.
November 2015 – December 2015
Freelance Community & Social Media Manager
- Communications Management @Fairytale Distillery & @Das Tal
- Social Media Marketing & PR under NDA for 2 German politicians
July 2015 – November 2015
Gameforge 4D GmbH
- planning and implementing long-term content plans for social media & board
- planning and executing InGame & Board events
- implementing a strong internal communication and providing feedback to existing processes
in the field of internal and external communication
- gathering and writing weekly feedback reports with user and own feedback for internal departments to help improve the overall player engagement and experience
- providing monthly feedback reports to players of what has been / will be done
- pro-actively engaging with players on the board and identifying key members or VIP’s etc.
- directly working together with the Product Community Manager to maintain a communication flow towards the player base and the internal product teams
- showing InGame presence to reach players that are not on social media or the board
- answering escalated support tickets and/or older/complicated tickets
- administrating IRC channels and engaging with IRC users
- presenting products on Gamescom
- GC 2015 – hosting the show for the MOBA “Orcs Must Die! Unchained” (OMDU)
- GC 2015 – coaching players on best practices and tactics for OMDU
- AION: Free to Play DE
- Head of Board Support & Mod team
- Runes of Magic US / UK / FR
- Head of Customer Support for Board & Game team
March 2014 – December 2014
The Pickle Bakery
Co-Founder & CFO
- Gaming start-up focused on fighting depression and mental health related issues
- Human Resource Management
- Business plan
- Stakeholder acquisition
- other legal or finance issues
- training employees
September 2014 – December 2015
Queerelations (Queer Culture e.V.)
Social Media & Community Manager
- engage with members of the Community
- interview Community members
- give advice on personal related questions
- managing the Social Media Strategy
- leading Web 2.0 and Social Media Workshops
August 2014 – June 2015
KAIZOKU (Geek Galaxy e.V.)
- Japanese / Anime themed event with 500 – 1000 attendees
- hosting the event
- organising the event
- “Mama”- for everything
- video and sound editing
September 2013 – June 2015
Allianz Managed Operations & Services SE (AMOS)
- Asset & Access Management for 100 colleagues (up to 500 when representing a colleague)
- granting rights to special servers
- processing Hardware & Software orders
- troubleshooting Legitimation & Access Management processes
- helping with on boarding of Romanian and Indian colleagues in the Access & Legitimation Management
- helping with the training of new colleagues on site in Munich
- training on how to handle the requests and internal tools
- training them on the internal Legitimation & Access Management processes
- helping with reviewing the process handbook for the outsourced colleagues
August 2011 – August 2013
Bank Clerk Trainee & Social Media
- advising customers
- handling confidential requests
- B2B advising
- B2C advising
- B2B & B2C Social Media Management & Law
- evaluating Social Media
2005 – 2011 High School Diploma
- focus on information electronics course
- additional focus on entrepreneurship
2011 – 2013 Bank Clerk Trainee
- Business English & English for bank clerks
- PR & Marketing for global venture capitals
- English & German (both native)
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Photoshop, HTML & CSS, Project Management
- Meshfire (Firestarter status)
- Lithium Social Intelligence & Lithium Board Software
- Woltlab Burning Board
- 10 years of gaming
- 7 years of online gaming
- Alpha & beta tests for every big MMORPG in the past 6 years
- Event organizer of Anime & Nerd/Geek events
- 5000+ hours MMORPG’s
- 7 active years World of Warcraft
- 2000+ hours EVE Online and other space simulations
- 2000+ hours League of Legends & other MOBA’s
- PlayStation 1 / 2 & 4
- Super Nintendo & Nintendo 64
- XBOX One
- Live Action Role Play (LARP) – Fantasy & Warhammer